The IAPBC traditionally awards $50,000 in annual scholarship money to ten graduating high school seniors in Summit County, Ohio. The IAPBC Scholarship Fund was established and created out of the commitment by the membership to give back to the young adults in the community. To date, our club has given over one million dollars in scholarships to graduating students of Italian descent! The IAPBC brings together individuals of Italian descent to celebrate family, culture, and heritage by extending “one hand to greet and one hand to give”.
We look forward to continuing this tradition in the future.
March 15 - Scholarship applications open
April 30 - Scholarship application due to firstname.lastname@example.org
May 15 - Scholarship recipients notified
2024 - IAPBC Scholarship Fund 2024 Recipient Luncheon
- Must be a high school senior graduating from a school in Summit County, Ohio
- Must be of Italian descent
- Must be committed to obtaining higher education
- Must show involvement in school clubs and committees
- Completed Application Form
- Purpose statement (one-page document) including your reason for applying for the IAPBC scholarship, where you will attend college, choice of major, future goals, how you expect to finance your college education, high school activities, or anything you feel is important for the committee to know when making their decision.
- Official high school transcript inclusive of SAT and/or ACT scores.
- Financial Information - first two pages of your family income tax return.
- Italian Descent (one-page document) outlining your Italian heritage, including names, Italian family commune of origin, and relationship. Get creative, ask your relatives for their history, search online or use a family tree diagram.
Scholarship Application Instructions
- Submit scholarship application on or before April 30, 2024
- Answer the application form questions thoroughly and to the best of your ability
- Compile all required documents (see above)
- Submit completed application and required documents to: email@example.com
- Deadline to submit applications is April 30, 2024. Late submissions will not be considered.
The deadline to submit applications is April 30, 2024. The IAPBC Scholarship Committee will then meet and through careful consideration of required criteria and strengths of each individual, select the scholarship recipients. The successful applicants willl be notified via email by May 15, 2024. Checks are made payable from the IAPBC jointly to the student and the college/university that the student will attend. If there are any questions or issues regarding scholarship application process, please email members@IAPBC.org.
IAPBC Scholarship Luncheon
One of the great traditions of the IAPBC Scholarship is the annual luncheon in May. The IAPBC hosts the scholarship recipients, their families, and our members to recognize and honor the recipients and their hard work to earn their $5,000 scholarship. The Scholarship Luncheon is always a high point in our annual calendar because it celebrates a core mission of our club! 2024 Luncheon date to be announced in 2024.